About Me

My photo
I am originally from Tuscaloosa, Alabama and have been a resident of Decatur, Alabama since 1992. I have been a full time licensed REALTOR® since 1996 and joined RE/MAX Platinum in 1998. I served as 2010 President Morgan County Association of REALTORS®. I currently serve on the Member Services and Governmental Affairs Committees. I was named 2008 Morgan County Association of REALTORS® Member of the Year. Call me for your real estate needs!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Home Buyers Tax Credit Expanded and Extended!

Great news! Congress has extended the First Time Home Buyer tax credit! This credit of up to $8000 applies to anyone that has not owned a home in the last three years. Furthermore, this tax credit has been expanded and will now include up to a $6500 tax credit to current home owners purchasing a home between November 7, 2009 and April 30, 2010. These closings will need to take place on or before June 30, 2010.

Thank you to the Alabama Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors for making this a priority. The First Time Home Buyer tax credit proved essential in helping turn our economy in the right direction.

If you have specific questions or need additional information, please contact a tax professional.

No comments: